You might ask yourself – Why do we need to embrace Social Media to promote our clubs and communicate with others?
Well WASP are running two Social Media Training sessions too help you understand the role Social Media can play in promoting your club, you as an individual athlete or simply see how developing your network and improving your communications can help you increase your membership and fund raising potential through Crowdfunding!
Social Media shouldn’t be seen as an-add on but as an opportunity and you should embrace it! When you do the rewards will come flooding in…
Social Media Training Swindon
Date: Tuesday 29 November Time: 7-9pm
Venue: Oasis Leisure Centre, North Star Avenue, Swindon SN2 1EP
Cost: WASP Member £20.00 * join here today / Non Member £25.00
* Payable by Cheque in advance (cheque payable to Wiltshire and Swindon Sport) with booking form
* Course Tutor for both courses is Natalie Luckham https://naturallysocial.co.uk/
Social media is an inexpensive way to promote your club, school and organisation. It also helps keep new and existing members informed about what is happening. This training will show you some quick and easy tips for using some of the most popular social networking sites — Facebook & Twitter to help drive interest and customers to your club and organisation. This will also help keep members interested and interacting with you.
To find out more please give us a call on 01225 781500 or email Kirsty@wiltssport.org.uk www.wiltssport.org.uk
What is Social Media?
noun – websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking
- Over 60% of the UK’s population have a Facebook account.
- Instagram and Snapchat have more users than Twitter and are the place to go if you want to connect with younger audiences of 13 – 24.
- Social media isn’t going anywhere and will continue to grow and change.
- To survive and thrive in 2016 (and years to come!) it is vital we all take the time to understand how social media works and why.
- Not only that but if you’re going to invest your time into these channels we want you to get it right – and know what works and what doesn’t – so you can the most from your efforts.
Social Media shouldn’t be seen as an-add on but as an opportunity and you should enjoy it! When you do the rewards will come flooding in…
Why do people use social media?
- Social interaction – social media, not surprisingly, allows people to be social. They meet new people and keep in touch with friends, acquaintances and family.
- Information seeking – this refers to the process of finding information about products/services, keeping up to date with real-world social events, and learning new things.
- Passing time – social media is a great time killer and can cure boredom whether at home, at school, or in the work place.
- Entertainment – games, music and videos are all accessed through social media. Watching the stream of updates from people is also a form of entertainment – whether intentionally humorous or not.
- Relaxation – whilst people find others updates humorous, they also find them relaxing. Social media is a way to alleviate stress and escape from reality.
- Expression of opinions – expressing thoughts and opinions, criticizing others and blowing off steam (either anonymously or named) is regularly undertaken through social media.
- Things to talk about – like the daily newspaper, social media provide subject matter for people to talk and gossip about with others.
- Convenience – social media is readily accessible, even more so as mobile devices become ubiquitous. Furthermore, people can talk to several people at the same time.
- Sharing information – people can use social media to broadcast things about themselves. By publishing updates, videos and pictures, people market their own personal brand or business.
- Knowing about others – social media allows a window into the lives of others. By checking out other profiles, they can be nosey or ‘keep up with the Jones’’.
- These elements are a great launch pad for thinking about any activity that involves using social media tools. By designing a platform or strategy that works to gratify the needs above then you will significantly increase engagement in your project.
* The Social media training sessions follow on the Crowdfunding Workshop