In order to raise the standards of sport in Swindon, the partnership between the Swindon Sports Forum and Wiltshire and Swindon Sports Partnership (WASP) has devised a club accreditation scheme. Designed as a stepping-stone for clubs looking to gain Sport England Clubmark, NGB accreditation, the scheme is a set of minimum standards that all clubs should be able to meet to ensure that they offer a safe and secure place for people of all ages to play sport.
The benefits of gaining the Sports Forum Club Accreditation are:
- Members/parents can be assured that the club is well run and offers a safe environment to play organised sport.
- Adhering to equity and child protection guidelines gives parents confidence when choosing a club for their children.
- Achieving accreditation aids the development of coaches by ensuring that they are all suitably qualified to the standard they are coaching at.
- Provides an easy step-by-step guide to gaining nationally recognised accreditation.
- Support provided every step of the way by Wiltshire and Swindon Sports Partnership (WASP)
- Enables clubs to apply for funding – please note only accredited clubs can apply for Sports Forum grants.
- It regularly bids for and attracts funding that really could make a difference to local clubs like yours.
For more information download the Club Accreditation Documentation